Barnett government intends to log Arcadia forest near Lowden (see
map). Arcadia forest is home to a small colony of mainland
quokka (Setonix brachyurus) and should the logging proceed
- then these rare native mammals will not survive.
There are six things that the logging arm of the Barnett government,
the Forest Products Commission, dont want you to know before
they commence logging in Arcadia:
FPC logs our native forest at an economic loss.
2. Logging will increase salinity into local dams including the
salt affected Wellington dam.
3. Logging contributes to climate change.
4. Logging spreads dieback.
5. 30-tonne logging machines will be used in the logging operation.
6. Logging kills quokka and destroys their habitat.
Arcadias Quokka campaign is co-ordinated by the Preston
Environment Group, a non-profit organization protecting your
environment for future generations.
send a donation or purchase one of our beaut Save Arcadia
Quokka T-shirts for only $20. To order a T-shirt or make a
donation go to: http://www.quokkarescue.org/shirts.htm